Watch the Trailer
SOAR explores the relationship between two sisters: Kiera, a quadruple amputee who lost her limbs at age two, and Uriah, who was born a month before her sister contracted pneumococcal sepsis. The film celebrates the extraordinary ways that Kiera has learned to adapt—as a dancer, choreographer and medical assistant. It also reveals the deeply loving relationship between the sisters and how Uriah dedicated her life to helping Kiera adjust. Tension arises when Uriah steps away, finally admitting her need to define herself as an individual. A dance concert reunites them, rekindling their powerful bond.
54 minutes / USA
Directed by Susan Hess Logeais
Inspired by a duet choreographed by Melissa St Clair
Available for acquisition in all territories
Access the full Presskit (password required)
Support this Film
Make a tax deductible donation by clicking on
Women Make Movies On-line Donation
(Note: This is a tax deductible gift despite the shopping cart’s indication of item purchase. You will not receive any goods in return for your donation. If you have any problems, please contact the Production Assistance Program at email@example.com.)
Follow the steps below to complete your donation.
1. If the film title does not appear at the top of the Sponsored Projects page, scroll down to find it.
2. Enter the dollar amount that you wish to give and click “DONATE”
3. At the bottom of the shopping cart page, click “CHECK OUT NOW”
4. For the sales tax question, click “NO”
5. Click the first option “Order by Credit Card Online”
6. Enter your credit card information and submit it.
Follow us on Seed & Spark, earn sparks, and receive updates on our progress.